5 Simple Steps to Clean and Maintain Your Wooden Cutting Board
A wooden cutting board is a kitchen staple for any home cook or chef. Not only is it a functional tool for preparing meals, but it also adds a rustic and natural touch to your kitchen.
Here are some simple steps you can follow to keep your wooden cutting board clean and well-maintained:
- Hand wash your wooden cutting board with warm, soapy water immediately after use. Be sure to use a gentle dish soap and a soft sponge or brush to avoid scratching the surface.
- Rinse the board thoroughly with water and dry it with a clean towel or let it air dry. Avoid leaving your cutting board wet or soaking it in water, as this can cause warping and cracking.
- Sanitize your cutting board with a solution of 1 tablespoon of white vinegar and 1 cup of water. Pour the solution onto the board and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it down with a clean cloth.
- For tough stains or odors, sprinkle baking soda onto the board and rub it in with a damp sponge or cloth. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it off and drying the board.
- To maintain the longevity of your wooden cutting board, treat it with Ziruma wax once a month or as needed. Apply a thin layer of wax onto the board and let it soak in overnight before wiping off any excess.
In conclusion, cleaning and maintaining your wooden cutting board is simple with these easy steps. By keeping your cutting board clean and well-maintained, you can ensure its longevity and continued use in your kitchen.